Distance: 4 mi
On the first Tuesday after my first marathon I thought for sure that I would just walk. And I did. For a little while… But the Jones hit me about a half mile in and, despite my still aching quads, I took off at what can only be described as a lumbering trot. But it felt really good! And after a mile or so I settled into about a 9:45 pace that felt smooth and comfortable. Looks like all that training did something after all!
I remember thinking during the marathon that there were some things I wanted to do. Sort of a runner’s “Things To Do Before I Die” list. As I moved along the course I started to formulate the list and thought I would share it with you. It’s not complete and I’m sure I will add stuff to it as I check other things off, but here goes.
- Run in New York City as the sun comes up.
- Run in the Rocky Mountains (don’t care where)
- Run at least once in all of the lower 48 states (Oklahoma, Missouri and California can be checked off this list already)
- Run at midnight under a full moon in the woods.
- Compete in a triathlon.
- Compete in a duathlon.
- Run a sub 20 minute 5K.
- Run a sub 1:40 half.
- Qualify for Boston or New York.
- Run one of those military style, obstacle course races.
- Run a family fun run with my wife and son (and daughter in a few years)
Just a few thoughts and fun stuff to do. I’m sure this will change as I go but it’s a start!